Protect Your Earnings

Your ability to earn an income is the most valuable financial asset that you have. Your income repays your mortgage, covers your bills and supports your family and lifestyle.

What would happen to your finances and quality of life if this income were lost?

There are several ways you can help to protect your earnings:

  1. Income Protection Cover – This is the main one for directly protecting your earnings. If you suffer from a long-term illness that prevents you from using your skills to earn a living, this policy will help replace a good part of your lost income, allowing you to continue with your life until you’re healthy enough to return to work, or retire.
  1. Accident, Sickness and Unemployment Cover – Similar to an income protection policy, but offering short-term cover up to 1 year rather than longer-term insurance, this policy will replace your lost income if you are unable to work due to redundancy, or if illness, sickness or injury prevents your ability to work.

These are the main policies for protecting lost earnings. However, there are other ways to view loss of earnings, such as if you suffer a critical illness or pass away while still in your earning years. These risks can be covered with life insurance or critical illness cover, which can be provided as a lump sum, or via a replacement income using a family income benefit policy.

There are many types of policies available from separate providers, all with different terms and features. You are also likely to have some protection via your existing employment, and you may already have some policies in place.

I can help provide independent advice on these matters and help create your personal protection plan.

Your personal protection plan is a comprehensive advice process which includes the following benefits:

  1. A personal discussion of your needs and priorities.
  2. Appraisal of your financial position.
  3. Review of your existing employment benefits and protection policies already in place.
  4. Independent research to select the most appropriate type of cover, amount of cover, with the best provider, and at the most cost-effective price.
  5. Present and explain your options and recommended solutions in a personal written report.
  6. Further discussion to ensure you understand your protection policies in full.
  7. Assistance with the application and underwriting process.

The purpose of Small Acorn Money is for financial education and information. Your personal protection plan is a professional and personal service provided by myself, Mark Underdown, acting as a regulated and Independent Financial Adviser with Paragon Independent Financial Advisers.

Paragon Independent Financial Advisers is a trading style of Paragon Independent Limited. Paragon Independent Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and entered on the FCA register under reference number 440589.

Get in touch with me today for a personal review.


Call: 07901 578 462

Or complete the enquiry form below.

Mark Underdown | DipPFS CeMap

Independent Financial Adviser, Paragon Independent Limited

6 + 8 =

Pin It on Pinterest