Your Personal Investment Portfolio
In the modern world, there is a wide array of investment options available to you. With thousands of investment fund houses, hundreds of providers and numerous tax wrappers to consider, it is difficult to do it all yourself without expert professional advice and support.
By taking advantage of my advisory service, I can help you build your own personal investment portfolio. This could be as simple as selecting a multi-asset fund with one provider, or a variety of different investments to make up your own personal portfolio.
An investment portfolio will consist of shares, property, bonds and cash; the exact mix and type of underlying investments depends on your needs, views, timeframe and the prevailing financial market environment.
Selecting the most appropriate investments for your own unique requirements can only be decided upon after going through a comprehensive advisory process; one where your needs are front and centre.
Your investment process will include the following steps:
Step 1 – The Financial Planning Process
- Financial appraisal of your current situation – find out where you are at today.
- Establish your goals and objectives – find out where you would like to be at some point in the future.
- Establish a plan to get from today to your desired future.
Step 2 – Risk Profiling and Investor Discovery
- Establish your risk profile, including financial capacity and tolerance for loss.
- Understand your experience and views, i.e. in what way have you previously invested, and do you have personal views that should be taken into account (such as ethical views).
- How much capital and cash flow can/should be committed to investment and under what timeframe. What to you need to withdraw from the portfolio and when (e.g. monthly income for retirement).
- Select the appropriate overall asset allocation for your needs.
Step 3 – Tax and Ownership Structure
- Establish the most tax efficient way for you to invest while maintaining a balance over all of your financial affairs.
- Consider the ownership structure of your investments (e.g. pensions, trusts, joint investors, spouse, children etc).
Step 4 – Independent Research and Report
- As an independent financial adviser, I will consider our discussions to research the most appropriate providers and investment strategies.
- Fully detailed explanation of my recommendations in written format.
Step 5 – Presentation, Discussion and Administration
- Present my recommendations and discuss any questions you may have – ensure you fully understand all matters before you make any decisions.
- Complete any necessary applications and paperwork.
- Full support and communication through the application process.
Step 6 – Ongoing Review
- Each year, we will review your personal investment portfolio and ensure that you remain on the right path to meet your goals (and to take account of changing financial market conditions).
The personal investment portfolio service is available for individual investors, families or trustees. You may have cash that you wish to invest, or you may hold investments in products such as Pensions, ISAs, Investment Bonds or Investment Accounts, or investment funds such as Unit Trusts/OEICs, Investment Trusts, With Profits funds, Exchange Traded Funds, or directly held shares (please note I do not advise on individual securities). I can review your existing arrangements as part of the investment process; disclosing the benefits of your existing investments and highlighting any areas for improvement.
To start discussing your investment objectives with a view to establishing your personal investment portfolio, please get in touch with me today.
The purpose of Small Acorn Money is for financial education and information. Creating Your Personal Investment Portfolio is a professional and personal service provided by myself, Mark Underdown, acting as a regulated and fully Independent Financial Adviser with Paragon Independent Ltd (FCA reference 440589).
Get in touch with me today for a personal review.
Call: 07901 578 462
Or complete the enquiry form below.